Development Resource Management Group LLC
Development Resource Management Group (DRMG) provides services that provide a strong foundation of support for building owners and clients with a need to develop projects without the massive investment typically needed to build an in-house staff with relevant project skills.
A key part of the company’s mission is to provide owners with a range of construction consulting services to help them identify goals for success, and where possible, minimize costs of operations and project development and to increase the likelihood of a successful project.
Our great strength as consultants grows from the decades of combined work experience of our staff and our close strategic ties to the construction community.
Development Resource Management Group, LLC., strives to be your guide through a process that can become a very large investment in time and money unless managed by experienced representatives dedicated to your interests and to the successful completion of your project.
- Construction and leadership manager with most of tenure in the role of construction operations.
- Worked for two major Top ENR fortune 400 construction companies in senior management positions.
- Expertise in start to finish projects with approximately 2 billion of completed operations.
- Skilled in negotiation with owners, subcontractors and architects with project problems and come up with win-win situations.
- Worked as Executive VP, Operations Manager, General Superintendent, and Superintendent and understands each element of construction.
- Responsible for design build projects such as large land developments, high rise buildings, resorts, lodging, retail and parking garages, hospitals, government projects, and high-end casino projects as well.
- Expert construction operations knowledge.
- Strong managing skills.
- Strong negotiation approach.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Ralph Smith, DRMG founder, is a construction manager that has spent the vast majority of his career in construction operations. He personally knows most local subcontractors, suppliers and labor forces that could be assistance to your organization.
- He has strong progressive skills in managing and tactfully motivating a team to become productive and act as a single unit, strong skills in negotiating with owners, subcontractors and architects to solve project problems and to come up with a win-win solutions. I have started up two successful general contracting firms with great results.
- He has worn several different hats in the industry: President / Executive Vice President / COO / General Superintendent / Superintendent.
EXAMPLE OF NOTABLE LOCAL DRMG PROJECTS:
- Floyd Rowley Development Group /Owners Representative & Consultant
- Jacobs Entertainment Inc.- Inspection, Observation Reports, Owners Representative & Consultant on multiple current Reno past and present projects. Owners Representative on currently six current (Start-Finish) Reno projects.
- Montage Condominium Retrofit/Starwood Resorts High Rise Retrofit /Project Consultant
- Gencon Construction / Contract Superintendent
- Frank Lepori Construction / Forensic Building Investigations/Owners Representative
- Metcalf Builders Inc. / Contract Estimating and Project Management
- Geney Gassiot Inc. / Business Development / Field Operations / Consultant
- Gilbane Construction / Marketing Consultant
- Mountain West Aviation / Owners Representative
- Eastern Sierra Professional Group/Neutral Binding Express Witness Construction Disputes
- My Journey Home / Business Develop Consultant
- Johnson Real Estate Group / Owners Representative
- Encompass Real Estate Group / Owners Representative /Building Consultant
- Cathexes Architecture / Building Consultant
- Travelers Insurance / Owners Representative – Catastrophe Loss
- McPherson Construction/Forensic Consultant on 102 room extended stay hotel
- ALLCO Construction/Forensic Superintendent -Sparks Silver Club 100 units (Hotel Conversion)
RESPONSIBLILITIES AND ACHIEVEMENTS
- 2011 to Present, Development Resource Management Group, LLC, Founder / Manager.
- 11/2006 to 1/2011, Valley Construction Company, Executive VP & COO.
- 6/2003 to 11/2006, UPA Group, Senior Vice President.
- 1/2000 to 6/2003, Osborne Construction Company, VP of Operations/ WA and AK.
- 1993 to 2000, Clark & Sullivan, General Superintendent/Chief Safety Officer.
- 1986 to 1992, RA Swanson Company, Vice President/Construction Manager.
Valley Construction Company
As Executive Vice President/COO - Mr. Smith started this company from its first day of operation and was responsible for all day to day operations including work procurement, marketing, project management and field operations. He was also the qualified employee on the unlimited “B” license for the organization.
- The Jet Ranch Design Build Aircraft Maintenance/High End Storage Facility, Carson City, Nevada
- Spanish Plaza Office Complex, Las Vegas, Nevada
- Pinion Aero Center Design Build Aircraft Storage Facility, Minden, Nevada
- Bridgeport Elementary School Modernization, Bridgeport, California
- The Northern Nevada Sikh Temple, Sanctuary and Classrooms, Reno, Nevada (AGC Pinnacle Award Winner)
- Raley’s Store 103 Remodel and Upgrade, Reno, Nevada
- Maverick Store #409 Food and Gas Station, Carson City, Nevada
- Desert Hills Renovation LDS Church, Reno, Nevada
As Senior Vice President - Mr. Smith was responsible for all day to day construction operations including project management, field operations, safety and administrative duties. UPA constructed multifamily high-end resorts, condominium and commercial design build projects, including high end podium deck resort projects. While with UPA, Mr. Smith was responsible for multiple commercial, medical, and private airport facilities, as well as six different projects Intrawest Communities.
- The Lodge at Mammoth Lakes/290 room resort on Podium Deck
- Juniper Crest Townhouses
- Timbers Resort Condominium
- City of Oakland City Walk Project retail and garage/Podium Deck with 6 stories of 260 rooms
- Yosemite National Park Housing Project
- Mammoth Orthopedic Hospital
- Thomas Berkley Square Oakland multiple family housing/ 110 unit family housing on Podium Deck
- Virginia City Middle School remodel and seismic upgrade
Osborne Construction Company
As Vice President of Operations in WA, Anchorage and Fairbanks, AK - Mr. Smith was responsible for all contracting operations, estimating, work procurement, hiring and managing of all operating staff which included 5 Estimators, 5 Senior Project Managers, 8 Project Managers, 19 Engineers and 11 Superintendents with a field staff of over 300 craft trades.
- Satsop Washington Nuclear Plant Restoration Project – Design Build
- Washington State Patrol Vehicle Maintenance Facilities – Design Build
- Fort Lewis Barracks Renovation Project – Design Build
- Fort Lewis 48 Unit Enlisted Personnel Project – Design Build
- Cascade Everett High School New and Renovation Project – Hard Dollar
- 360 Unit Privatization Housing Project – Elemedorf Airforce Base, Anchorage – Design Build
- Elim, Alaska – K-12 School Addition and Renovation Project – Hard Dollar
- Chevak, Alaska – K-12 School – Hard Dollar
Clark & Sullivan Constructors, Inc.
Mr. Smith, as general superintendent and chief safety officer, was responsible for all field activities, coordination between project management and field operations. Mr. smith implemented project procedures for both project management and field operations that were simple, easy to track, self-motivating and productive. During his time with Clark & Sullivan they grew to a Top 400 ENR General Contractor. Mr. Smith’s responsibility was to maintain 9-14 superintendents, 6-8 project engineers a staff 5 to 7 project engineers as well the administrative support people.
- Washoe Medical Center Ambulatory Care Center, Emergency Room Upgrades, Nurses Station upgrades;
- Carson Tahoe Hospital Remodel
- Washington Sandhill High School Modernization
- Warm Springs Correction Center
- Desert Inn Casino Restaurant Remodel
- Raley's, 19 Store Remodels
- Reno Tahoe Airport Parking Garage
- Reno Fire Station #10
- Mervyn’s Store #781
- Sky Park Plaza Center
- Herlong Gymnasium and Officer Quarters
- Northtowne Market Place
- Approximately 32 Various Schools Completed in Nevada
Education and Affiliations
- NNEC Board Member
- Nevada Museum Military History Board Member
- Qualified Employee on “B” Unlimited License in Nevada
- AGC STP Classes – 3, 4, 6, 8, 9, 11
- Rapport Leadership, 1 & 2
- FMI Project Management Leadership Classes
- Many various Leadership and Project Management Seminars
Floyd Rowley, CPA, CCIM
Founding Broker, Rowley Real Estate Advisors
679 Sierra Rose Drive, Suite A, Reno, NV 89511
Founder, Northern Nevada Executive Council: www.nnec.biz
Don Clark, Principle
250 Bell Street Reno NV. 89502
Chris Mazanec, Director of Development/Current Client of DRMG, LLC
17301 West Colfax Avenue
Greg Stueve, Vice President | Operations /Recent Client of DRMG, LLC
Josh Calvaruzo, Quality & Safety Manager
TOPEKA | KANSAS CITY | DENVER | STEAMBOAT SPRINGS
3501SW Fairlawn Rd.
Topeka, KS 66614
Bob Herman, President / Long Time Business Associate
2000 Kirman Ave Reno NV 89502
BJ Sullivan, Owner /Former Employer
CEO Clark and Sullivan Construction
401 Industrial Way
Sparks NV. 89431
Kathy Cross, Controller/Former Co-Worker
Catarina Ranch Investments & CRI Real Estate, LLC
PO Box 50983
Sparks, NV 89435